Cecil Amey Hearing Care
This autumn we are extremely excited to announce our move into Hearing Care. We now offer free hearing screening to all over 40’s as part of their routine sight test and customers can decide if they wish to follow up on any findings by booking an appointment for a full hearing test with our Audiologist.
This is a service that many people have come to expect from their Opticians and we are delighted to be able to offer it at all of our eight practices.
We offer the latest in invisible, digital hearing aid technology, free aftercare for up to 4 years and a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not completely delighted with your new hearing aid.
For more information or to book an appointment please contact your nearest practice.
Cecil Amey announce Hearing Care
Love your Lenses
Here at Cecil Amey we are always keen to support any initiatives in the industry, and are delighted to be involved in the National Love Your Lenses campaign.
This campaign encourages users to look after their lenses correctly and outline the common do’s & don’ts !
If you love your eyes, love your lenses. Stick to the tips below to keep your eyes healthy:
- Have regular check-ups as advised by your Optician
- Always wash and dry your hands prior to handling your lenses
- Always rub, rinse and store your lenses in the recommended solution before and after each use (except single-use lenses, which should be discarded after each wear)
- Always clean the lens case with solution, wipe with a clean tissue then air-dry after each use by placing the case and lids face down on a tissue
- Always apply the same lens first to avoid mixing them up
- Check the lens is not inside out before applying
- Check the lens is not damaged before applying
- Handle carefully to avoid damaging the lens
- Apply your lenses before putting on make-up
- Remove lenses then remove make-up
- Keep your eyes closed when using hairspray or other aerosols
- Replace your lens case at least monthly
- Discard lenses and solutions that are past their expiry date
- Wear only the lenses specified by your contact lens practitioner
- Stick strictly to the recommended wearing schedule and replacement frequency
- Make sure you have an adequate supply of replacement lenses or a spare pair
- Have an up-to-date pair of spectacles for when you need to remove your lenses
- Use tap water, or any other water, on your lenses or lens case
- Sleep in your lenses unless specifically advised to by your practitioner
- Use your lenses for swimming, hot tubs or water sports, unless wearing goggles
- Share contact lenses or wear any lenses not specified by your practitioner
- Wet your lenses with saliva
- Put a lens on the eye if it falls on the floor or other surface, without cleaning and storing again
- Re-use or top up solution – discard and replace with fresh solution each time lenses are stored
- Decant solution into smaller containers
- Wear lenses left in the case for more than seven days without cleaning and storing them in fresh solution
- Wear any lens overnight if you are unwell
- Wear your lenses when showering unless you keep your eyes firmly closed
- Switch the solution you use, except on the advice of your practitioner
- Use any eye drops without advice from your contact lens practitioner
- Apply a lens if it is dirty, dusty or damaged
- Continue to wear your lenses if your eyes don’t feel good, look good, or see well
Ask yourself these three questions, each time you wear your lenses:
Do my eyes feel good all day long with my lenses in? — no discomfort
Do my eyes look good? — no redness
Do I see well? — no unusual blurring with either eye
If the answer to any of these questions is no, leave your lenses off and consult your optician immediately.
New Wymondham practice
Cecil Amey are delighted to announce that we have moved to a new larger practice in Wymondham.
Our newly refurbished premises on the Market Place in Wymondham, features our new contemporary look, together with state-of-the-art technology and equipment to ensure our continued expert eyecare and a professional service to all of our customers.
We are also oﬀering an exciting new product range, with top brands such as Moscot, Cazal and Oakley Sun joining favorite quality brands like Ray Ban, Ted Baker, Joules and Vanni already in the Cecil Amey family.
Please drop in and see us at 10 Market Place, Wymondham or call us for more information on 01953 605181, alternatively you can make appointments online at any time by email at email@example.com
Walking with the Wounded
On December 10th this year, Cecil Amey staff, family, friends & dogs will be donning Christmas hats and Walking Home for Christmas to support the Walking With The Wounded charity which aims to raise vital funds for those wounded who have little to look forward to this upcoming festive season.
Every year approximately 15,000 skilled and capable men and women leave the Armed Forces having selflessly served on behalf of their country. The majority transition successfully, but for a meaningful minority the departure from the structured world of the military is not easy and they struggle. Walking With The Wounded supports these people.
If you would like to donate to this fantastic charity it would be greatly appreciated, however big or small every penny counts! To donate online please go to: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cecil-amey
Follow our story on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/CecilAmey Or Twitter @Cecil_Amey
Erin’s World Frames
We are pleased to say that Erin’s World frames are available to order from all 8 of our Cecil Amey practices.
Erin’s World frames were designed to improve the sight & quality of life for individuals by providing a custom frame, fit for their unique needs. Each frame is specifically designed to fit children with Down Syndrome, this is done by creating a design, where the bridge and sides are tailored to suit their smaller noses which is unlike a typical frame.
This ensures that the suitors eyes are situated as centrally as possible in relation to the lens and helps keeping the spectacles from slipping.
The range is available in a variety of colours and sizes and is suitable for children & adults.
Please call into your nearest practice to find out more.
After many months of very hard work we are very proud to announce that our Attleborough practice has had a total refit & is open and looking forward to welcoming customers old & new.
The refit has brought the practice into line with the companies new style, which is clean & contemporary and will offer a the same exceptional service and choice of frames & sunglasses that you would expect from Cecil Amey.
New brands include Moscot, which is exclusive to Cecil Amey in the Norfolk area along with Oakley & Tom Ford.
Attleborough also offers Colorimetry testing by our qualified Colorimetry advisor, see here for more information https://www.cecilameyopticians.co.uk/eye-care-sight-tests-colorimetry/
To make an appointment please call 01953 453109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org