COVID 19 – NEW UPDATE
COVID19 – PATIENT INFORMATION
Blue Light Card
Cecil Amey are delighted to offer a 10 % discount on Eye Wear and a 5% discount on Hearing Aids to members of the Blue Light card. This scheme offers savings to all the emergency services.
4×4 Response/ Ambulance Service/ Blood Bikes/ Border Force/ British Army/ Cave Rescue/ Community First Responders/ Fire Service/ Highways England Traffic Officer/ HM Armed Forces Veterans/ HM Coastguard/ HM Prison Service/ Immigration Enforcement/ Lowland Search and Rescue/ MoD Civil Servant/ MoD Fire Service/ MoD Police/ Mountain Rescue / NHS/ Police/ Red Cross/ Reserve Armed Forces/ RNLI/ / Royal Air Force/ Royal Marines/ Royal Navy/ Search and Rescue/ Second Line Responders/ St Andrews Ambulance/ UK Visas and Immigration.
To see if you are eligible find out more here https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/
Cecil Amey Hearing Care
This autumn we are extremely excited to announce our move into Hearing Care. We now offer free hearing screening to all over 40’s as part of their routine sight test and customers can decide if they wish to follow up on any findings by booking an appointment for a full hearing test with our Audiologist.
This is a service that many people have come to expect from their Opticians and we are delighted to be able to offer it at all of our eight practices.
We offer the latest in invisible, digital hearing aid technology, free aftercare for up to 4 years and a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not completely delighted with your new hearing aid.
For more information or to book an appointment please contact your nearest practice.
Love your Lenses
Here at Cecil Amey we are always keen to support any initiatives in the industry, and are delighted to be involved in the National Love Your Lenses campaign.
This campaign encourages users to look after their lenses correctly and outline the common do’s & don’ts !
If you love your eyes, love your lenses. Stick to the tips below to keep your eyes healthy:
- Have regular check-ups as advised by your Optician
- Always wash and dry your hands prior to handling your lenses
- Always rub, rinse and store your lenses in the recommended solution before and after each use (except single-use lenses, which should be discarded after each wear)
- Always clean the lens case with solution, wipe with a clean tissue then air-dry after each use by placing the case and lids face down on a tissue
- Always apply the same lens first to avoid mixing them up
- Check the lens is not inside out before applying
- Check the lens is not damaged before applying
- Handle carefully to avoid damaging the lens
- Apply your lenses before putting on make-up
- Remove lenses then remove make-up
- Keep your eyes closed when using hairspray or other aerosols
- Replace your lens case at least monthly
- Discard lenses and solutions that are past their expiry date
- Wear only the lenses specified by your contact lens practitioner
- Stick strictly to the recommended wearing schedule and replacement frequency
- Make sure you have an adequate supply of replacement lenses or a spare pair
- Have an up-to-date pair of spectacles for when you need to remove your lenses
- Use tap water, or any other water, on your lenses or lens case
- Sleep in your lenses unless specifically advised to by your practitioner
- Use your lenses for swimming, hot tubs or water sports, unless wearing goggles
- Share contact lenses or wear any lenses not specified by your practitioner
- Wet your lenses with saliva
- Put a lens on the eye if it falls on the floor or other surface, without cleaning and storing again
- Re-use or top up solution – discard and replace with fresh solution each time lenses are stored
- Decant solution into smaller containers
- Wear lenses left in the case for more than seven days without cleaning and storing them in fresh solution
- Wear any lens overnight if you are unwell
- Wear your lenses when showering unless you keep your eyes firmly closed
- Switch the solution you use, except on the advice of your practitioner
- Use any eye drops without advice from your contact lens practitioner
- Apply a lens if it is dirty, dusty or damaged
- Continue to wear your lenses if your eyes don’t feel good, look good, or see well
Ask yourself these three questions, each time you wear your lenses:
Do my eyes feel good all day long with my lenses in? — no discomfort
Do my eyes look good? — no redness
Do I see well? — no unusual blurring with either eye