CALL TODAY TO BOOK A SIGHT OR HEARING TEST - APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE
WHY DO I NEED AN EYE TEST?
• Common vision problems like short/long sightedness and astigmatism, when uncorrected frequently have a negative impact on one’s quality of life
• Regular/prolonged use of computer or display equipment may lead to changes in one’s sight and will frequently result in unwanted visual symptoms
• Early detection of and intervention in certain eye/vision conditions will invariably result in a more favourable outcome. It is also known for certain eye conditions to be hereditary
• It is not unknown for an optometrist, following a sight test to refer someone to their health practitioner for further general health assessments.
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR A FREE EYE TEST?
You may qualify for a free NHS-funded sight test if:
• You’re under 16
• You’re under 19 and in full-time education
• You’re 60 or over
• You’re registered as blind or partially sighted
• You’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
• You’re 40 or over, and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
• You’ve been advised by an Ophthalmologist that you’re at risk of glaucoma
• You’re eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher – talk to your optician
You’re also entitled to a free NHS sight test if:
• You receive income support
• You receive Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (not Contribution-based)
• You receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
• You receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (not Contribution-based)
• You are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
• You are named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
Any questions or queries please email your local practice for friendly, professional advice.
SIGHT AND HEARING TESTS AVAILABLE TODAY AT YOUR NEAREST STORE